EASILY INSTALLS ON ANY VEHICLE
The CatStrap™ is easy to install and works on any vehicle.
Unlike obtrusive cage-design systems that only fit on certain vehicles ,the CatStrap™ provides a clean, simple installation on all vehicles because it requires less than 3/8" clearance for installation - a must for today's space starved under-car designs.
The CatStrap™ requires no special tools. The entire installation can be complete in less than 30 minutes, and with the cost of replacing a catalytic converter, is well worth the time and price of the CatStrap™.
Some catalytic converters are designed with built-in heat shields. The CatStrap™ takes advantage of this feature by routing the strap beneath the shield. This greatly enhances installation integrity and provides an extra layer of protection.
Each CatStrap™ kit includes 10 stainless steel ties to securely attach to the exhaust system. Traditional Exhaust Clamps are also required. NOT INCLUDED but can be sourced at nearly any auto shop.
ALL NEW for even easier installation. Catstrap now comes with heat activated adhesive strip built right into the back of the strap. No more messy bonding paste to apply! Should one not want to bond the strap onto the exhaust, strip can be removed before installation
Below are some pictures of a typical installation to be used as a guide.
NOTE the use of U-BOLT EXHAUST CLAMPS butted up to either side of the converter and at the extremity of the strap (4 total) - to be purchased locally. These clamps can be tightened to the point where they actually form to the pipe, so that even if cut, require significant effort to remove, using a hammer.
WARRANTY REQUIRES PROOF THAT CLAMPS PROPERLY INSTALLED AND TIGHTENED
Catstrap Installed Example:
1. Place an exhaust clamp with the provided u-channel collar piece on one side of the converter to secure the strap (black side in contact with the pipe). Tighten the first clamp as close to the converter as possible, butted up immediately against it.
2. Place the second exhaust clamp/collar on the other side of the converter body. While pulling the strap as tight as possible by hand, tighten the second clamp (butted up immediately against the other side of the converter), allowing the clamp to pull the strap tight and ensure high tension along the length of the converter body.
3. Tighten down the exhaust clamp nuts with sufficient force to bend the lower clamp bracket inward toward the pipe (see green arrow pictured left). At this point the clamp will form into the pipe and can not be easily removed even if cut or the nuts removed. In addition, the threads can be roughened or tack welded to prevent the nuts from being removed.
4. Repeat to secure an exhaust clamp at both extremities of the strap (no collars needed). Pull as tight as possible by hand, and tighten the clamp to create tension along the exhaust pipe.
5. Use the included steel ties to secure the strap along the length of the exhaust pipe. The more direct contact between the strap and the pipe along the length of the exhaust, the better for the heat-activated bond to form.
USE OF U-BOLT EXHAUST CLAMPS GREATLY INCREASES EFFECTIVENESS. For warranty purposes, save a photo showing the strap installed with hard exhaust clamps. We don’t include them in the kit because the diameter of exhaust pipes vary by vehicle . Usually 2 1⁄4”, 2 1⁄2”, 3”, or even 4” on larger trucks. These standard clamps are readily available at most any local auto shop or parts store and are inexpensive.
CLAMP COLLARS: Included in your kit are u-channel shaped Clamp Collars. Install each collar between the strap and the exhaust clamp on both immediate sides of the converter. These collars enable the hidden steel layers to move and vibrate with the cutting blade, massively increasing the cutting difficulty.
HEAT-ACTIVATED BONDING TAPE (BLACK SIDE)
NOTE: MAY OBSERVE A BURNING SMELL DURING THE BONDING PERIOD WHICH IS NORMAL AND WILL DISSIPATE WITHIN 2-3 DAYS.
Apply the Black Side down on the exhaust pipes to enable the heat-activated bond. It is important the strap be clamped down tight to the exhaust pipe. This built-in material eliminates the need for the bonding paste as described in older installation videos. No need to peel, it will melt.
Apply the warning label in an area close to the converter where the thief will be most likely to see it. An excellent spot is on the rocker panel, under the front doors. These labels stand up to all weather conditions, but can not endure high heat conditions. Do not install directly on catalytic converter or exhaust pipes.
Includes Free Shipping With USA,
Extra shipping charges for any shipments outside USA