Max Protect Catstrap Kit - Ultimate Protection for Your Ford E-450/F53 Chassis-based RV's
RVs and Ford E-Series vehicles are frequently targeted due to their easily accessible catalytic converters and often remote parking locations. The Max Protect Catstrap Kit, designed specifically for Ford-chassis vehicles, offers unparalleled protection with a triple-layer design of custom-hardened strip steel.
Unmatched Durability and Protection
The Catstrap is virtually impervious to even the most powerful cutting tools. Primarily designed to guard your catalytic converter, it also enhances the resale value of your vehicle, as evidenced by its adoption as an OEM part on Jayco and Entegra motorhomes.
Tailored for Ford-based RV Chassis
The kit is ideally suited for all F53, E-450, and E-350 models, with particular focus on the rear converter located about 4 feet in front of the muffler. It includes two 5ft long robust straps, each with three layers of ultra-hardened cutting blade steel. Choose between our versions with or without the Cateye Alarm (manual version included for RVs).
Comprehensive Design for Maximum Coverage
The two straps are designed to protect both sides of the exhaust pipe and converter. They overlap on the rear side of the converter, effectively doubling the cutting effort required. An Orange Warning Strip serves as an additional visual deterrent.
Uncompromising Quality and Ease of Installation
The Catstrap Kit includes a Heat-Activated Adhesive Strip that securely bonds to the converter body, 20 Stainless Steel Ties, and two Bright Yellow Warning Labels. (Note: U-bolt exhaust clamps are not included.)
Free Shipping within the USA: Enjoy free shipping on us when you order the Max Protect Catstrap Kit.
Check Out Our Installation Example Video: For a step-by-step guide to installation, watch our tutorial video: LINK
Special Note for E-450 Chassis: On E-450 chassis, the strap running along the bottom side of the converter can be routed through the center of the heat shield, facilitating attachment. Check the 0:32 mark in the video for more details.
- Two (2) Catstraps (5 ft long) with triple-layer design of custom, ultra-hardened strip steel (55 HRC hardness specification)
- Designed such that the straps overlap on the rear side of the converter, covering both top and bottom of the exhaust pipe for 2X the cutting demand.
- Made with an Orange Warning Strip for additional visual deterrent.
- Built-In Heat-Activated Adhesive Strip that bonds to the converter body
- 20 Stainless Steel Ties (u-bolt exhaust clamps not included)
- Two (2) Bright Yellow Warning Label
RV Max Protect Catstrap Kit (Class A & C RVs) - Converter Shield
RV's require Max protection - isolated parking for extended periods. Rear Converter is extremely exposed and there is lots of open work space for thief to operate in - with heavy tools. This RV Kit forgoes the use of the cables, but provides more protection by tripling the the layers of hardened cutting blade steel. This RV Version of the Catstrap is less flexible than the standard version, but that's ok.... RV exhaust configurations are very simple, pipes are very straight, no need to follow sharp concours typical in passenger car applications.
- 2 - Heavy Duty Straps (5 ft length each) featuring 3 layers of Ultra-Hardened cutting blade steel
- 1 - Cateye Alarm (optional)
- 20 - Stainless Steel Ties
- Clamp Collars (note: exhaust clamps not included)